Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Why I Want To Go: to Aide for Aranea, by Saegan

Sometimes I think Eventholding is a dying art. It’s sort of sad to say that, because it’s literally what makes the game go, but it’s something that sits at the back of my mind sometimes. I feel like it’s my responsibility to encourage new people to step up and tell their stories, for us to play in. To help them sort of find their way.

So it’s just really interesting to me when people seem to come out of nowhere, maybe 10 or fewer events and just from my perspective, dive right in. Like kudos to you for that, seriously.

Just get in there.

Aide for Aranea promises to be an interesting event full of new. New lands to explore both in, and out of character, as the event holding team presents the game with a new site to develop and play on. New in character lands to adventure in, as Aranea invites the realms to come explore their lands for the first time. And a team looking to test their storytelling mettle to the game.

Based on everything I’ve heard, the event should consist of some really wild monsters ready to go absolutely ape on a would be adventurer. The players should be read for a heavy forest environment, and be prepared with their axes for the monsters that aren’t likely to be cut down by anything else. And they should come prepared for revelry and games as the action fades to night, because the gracious hosts come ready to party.

Honestly the amount of effort it seems that’s going into this event is what’s really perked my interest, and is the main reason why I want to go.

So hopefully I’ll see you on the field,

Keith “Saegan” Cronyn