10 More Questions with Ethan "Drike" Burek
|Photo courtesy of Eren Pils-Martin.|
1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?
2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?
Fighter. Tried that whole caster business. Not for me. Totally not for me.
3) Have you ever owned an artifact, momento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?
Yeah I own my void magic items. My character worships the void and I feel like having magic items from the place which you worship makes my character fit. It's like a puzzle, you know?
4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?
5) Who is your best friend in character and why?
Quinn! She is my best friend in and out of character. Well, she's also my girlfriend out of character so that means I kind of have to deal with her, right?
6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?
Probably when I was NPCing at Grimloch questing at night and I was in a group of zombies in the woods and at the top of our lungs we screamed "Flesh!" And ran towards the PCs and watched them watch in horror as we rushed forward them.
7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?
I'd most likely have to say beating Graham and like 4 other people in Queens war one year. I don't know the other people all I remember is the fight versus Jay and I. It was a memorable fight. I still have the picture too. It's pretty sweet.
8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?
Oh, god! This last weekend at Monster Island I was so tired I called my dad, Rillian, my character name, Drike, on accident... I literally threw my 6'6 on the ground and walked away for a few seconds while all the NPC's and PC's died of laughter.. Good one, Me!
9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?
Fight your best and even if you lose take something out of the fight to remember and work on next time.
10 ) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?
You should always give your 120% because if you don't something you want might slip through you fingers and you'll have to try it all over again.