Baked Ricotta Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, grated or cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely grated romano cheese
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix together the shredded mozzarella, ricotta, ¼ cup of the romano, and seasonings.
- Boil and drain pasta. Mix together in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. As the dish is baking, prepare the crumb topping by mixing together the rest of the romano, bread crumbs, and melted butter. Add the milk to the pasta dish and stir. Then add the crumb topping. Bake until heated through and topping is browned.
Leviathan twist: served with variety of toppings and mix-ins so each guest could customize their plate -
- Marinara sauce
- Sausage crumbles
- Chopped fresh basil
- Chopped artichoke hearts