Friday, September 29, 2017

10 More Questions with... Jeremey "Boom" Monmaney

Art by Alexa Lecko

1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?
Nighthawk told me to keep this PG or at very least PG-13.

2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?

I consider Boom to be both a fighter and a caster. I spent a lot more time as a caster but I change it up as often as possible while still enjoying myself. When I was 11 it seemed like a cool character quirk to chaotically change between being a warrior, sorcerer, or mage but then again, the name Boom also sounded awesome.

3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?
 Yes, the Gift of Life was an MVP trophy from Pressure Point.

4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?
My nation, Grimloch, is my family. We basically do everything together - barbecues, Superbowl parties, rafting trips, kids birthdays, some of us even work together.

5) Who is your best friend in character and why?
Min for sure, more chaotic stuff happens in his name than the actual gods of chaos.

6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?
The Folkstone “sliders” event from 2002? I forget exactly but it was my first time NPCing a major event and it was a lot of fun and made me appreciate crafting props a bit more.


Photo via Facebook


7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?
It was an old Randy Gordon event where we were all traveling to a place called Gail (spelling?). For anyone unfamiliar with Gail, you had to enter in groups of any size. For every group that entered x-1 people could leave with x being the number who entered in that group. Strategically it would be wise to kill a troll and have all the realms enter as a single group with the dead troll and leave it there when we left. However, I was a punk so Boom stood at the gate convincing questers that the larger the groups who entered the more powerful the evil that would await us. Sure enough I got a lot of people to all enter in groups of 2 ultimately dooming at least a third of the questing party. Boom however fell victim to his own trap and ended up trapped trying to observe the chaos at the gate. He spent the next year of his life fighting hordes of wolves repeatedly until he could sneak out when another questing party came for a visit.


8)What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?
 I have little to no shame. I can’t really think of anything that embarrassed me although I did get talked into strip pong one time. As a straight edge I have no practice at this so the game lasted forever.

9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?
 Have fun and meet new people. You will be shocked to learn most players are quite friendly and personable even if they don’t seem it.

10 ) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?
To let things go and not take life so seriously.

BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
 
Radstar!

BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?

Yes, as a matter of fact if you could put “The Winds of Winter” into print that would be outstanding


Photo by Eren Pils-Martin