Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Why I Want to Go-Feast of Creathorne 2019

by Lani "Gwen"  Jones

Feast of Creathorne is always a great time, and I’m looking forward to seeing you there this weekend. Whenever Andy and I discuss food, he always highlights his plan to serve the Realms the comfort food they desire during this season, and I guarantee not only will you not leave hungry, you’ll leave with that happy, contented feeling that only a day feasting on Creathorne classics will bring. I feel lucky to be part of a great kitchen crew every year who gives it their all keep the food coming all day long with a variety of hearty meal options and an array of delectable desserts.

In addition to the food, Feast of Creathorne offers a ton of entertainment options. Tournaments, gambling, shopping, and the Golden Ticket auction provides a little something for everyone. If I weren’t in the kitchen, you can be sure you’d find me participating in a Stacked Deck tournament. Vandoria’s Vestments will be there as well, and I guarantee it’s worth your time to check out her amazing work, especially since she’ll be donating part of her earnings to a great cause this year! And the return of the Golden Ticket is a great way to pick up some fabulous prizes. It’s also just a lot of fun to see friends old and new and spend some time catching up. I love the easy going pace of the day and watching everyone enjoy the great hall, great food, and great company.

One new addition this year that I’m particularly excited about is Rhiassa Cub Care, which will feature structured activities for our youngest Realmsies. Providing entertainment for all ages is a great way to ensure that the next generation finds friends and fun in our community.

Honestly, this event has become a staple for me over my Realms career, and I look forward to the friendly atmosphere, great food, and great friends that will be there this weekend.