Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Bardic Circle: Drinking With Pirates


By Diamond

To the tune of “Dancing With Bears”

I went to his camp in the middle of the night. G C G
I searched everywhere and I looked left and right, D G
And to my surprise he was nowhere in sight G C G
Cause Simon goes drinking at night. C G D G

chorus
He goes d-d-drinking, drinking with pirates. G
Rowdy pirates, fancy pirates, salty pirates too! D G
There’s nothing on earth that Simon won’t do G C G
So he can go drinking, d-d-drinking, C G C G
d-d-drinking, go drinking with pirates. C G D G

Simon brought banned booze to sell.
Now it’s all gone, from what I hear tell.
And I can’t help but notice the smell.
I’m sure Simon’s been drinking like hell.

Chorus

He told the captain to shoot their flags.
Using a cannon the shot it to rags,
While empty bottles fill the trash bags.
Simon drinks till he gags.

Chorus

Many a time Simon ends up married,
And only through divorce is bigamy parried.
With many a lass has Simon tarried.
To get home after drinking, Simon must be carried.

Chorus
Chorus