Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Feast of the Leviathan XXII Tournament and Game Show Questions

Games and article by Jason "Aeston" Rosa

One of the new additions in the Feast of the Leviathan entertainment lineup are game show games that allow our patron to win some gold for succeeding at them. Below is one of the games that ran along with their instructions. The answers appear at the very bottom of the article so you can check if you are correct. Also below is this year's riddle contest with the answers. Special thank to Tucker "Temorse" Noyes for directing me to a great source for all these game ideas.

Capital Offense

In the statement below some of the letters are capitalized. Unscramble the capital letters to determine the word that is related to the statement and the noted category within the time period.

There are five levels of challenge. Succeeding at each level allows you to attempt the level after it. Your prize is determined by how many statements you succeed at.

Example:

Category: Nobility. 
The most annoying pArt of watchiNg court are the long and dramatic speEches sOme people inSist on.

Answer: AESTON


Game 1 Round 1:  

Category: Spells
Going on a quest at nIght sounds like a good idea untiL you realize tHat it’s dark out and your usual bedTime is nine ‘o clock.

Game 1 Round 2:  

Category: Weapons
I mean, they call somE fighting Styles Defensive but you’re stiLl hitting someone witH a sword, so...

Game 1 Round 3: 

Category: Monsters
Doesn’t it seem unusUal that the Ecosystem isn’t more devastateD by Abominations constantly waNdering the woods?

Game 1 Round 4:  

Category: Tournaments
PeoplE say relationships are about communicatiOn…  Coming Up with a battLe Strategy counts.



Game 1 Round 5:  

Category: Geography
If countries wanted to Rely on GOld from tourisM inCome you wouLd think they would put some effort into more Hospitable names.


Game 2 Round 1:  

Category: Events
Seeing as the world is constantly in neEd of saving, it’s kind of morally indeFensible to sit Around socializing insTead.


Game 2 Round 2:  

Category: Religion
Nothing is more affiRming then a clear Direction from your deity that smAshing eVil in the face is the righteOus path.


Game 2 Round 3:  

Category: Spells
Some magiC just assumes the falsehood that the gods kNow anything more thAn wE do about what’s happEning on a quest.


Game 2 Round 4:  

Category: Tournaments
An impressiVe aspect of our community is how pretty much anything that can bE Done Can be done competitivELy.


Game 2 Round 5:  

Category: Quests
Really what’s more stunning than our abiLity to screw up our owN world is how ofteN we travel to another to mess Up their whOle Deal too.


Riddle Contest

1. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe. What am I?

2. Purchased I am black.
Useful I am red.
Disposed of I am grey.
What am I?

3. What disappears as soon as you say its name? 

4. When is five half of four?

5. Only one color, but not one size,
Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.
Present in sun, but not in rain,
Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.
What is it?

6. The more of these you take, the more appear behind you.
What am I?

7. My tongue is long, my call is strong,
And yet I breed no strife;
My voice you hear both far and near,
And yet I have no life.
What am I?

8. I move very slowly at an imperceptible rate, 
although I take my time, I am never late. 
I accompany life, and survive past demise, 
I am viewed with esteem in vain people’s eyes.
What am I?

9. If you drop me, I'm sure to crack. Give me a smile, and I'll always smile back.
What am I?

10. I'm like a doll, But I'm not for playing;
I stand up straight, but if windy I may be laying;
I'm well-known and famous for having no brain;
I work outside both day and night in sunshine or in rain.
What am I?

11. Late afternoons I often bathe. I'll soak in water piping hot. 
My essence goes through my see through clothes.
Used up am I; I've gone to pot. What am I?

12. I have two arms, but fingers none.  I have two feet, but cannot run. I carry well, but I have found I carry best with my feet off the ground. 
What am I?

13. I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It is your strength which determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?

14. My teeth are sharp, my back is straight, to cut things up it is my fate.
What am I?

15. Crimson I am born, yellow I dance, ebony I die. What am I?













Capital Offense Answers

Game 1 Round 1: ʇɥƃᴉ˥
Game 1 Round 2: plǝᴉɥS  
Game 1 Round 3: pɐǝpu∩ 
Game 1 Round 4: sǝldnoƆ
Game 1 Round 5: ɥɔolɯᴉɹפ 

Game 2 Round 1: ʇsɐǝℲ 
Game 2 Round 2: ɹopuɐΛ
Game 2 Round 3: ǝɔuɐǝS
Game 2 Round 4: pǝʌɐǝlƆ 
Game 2 Round 5: punlɹoN

Riddle Contest Answers

1. ǝlpuɐɔ ∀
2. lɐoƆ
3. ǝɔuǝlᴉS
4. (Λ 'ΛI) slɐɹǝɯnN uɐɯoɹ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ uǝɥM
5. ʍopɐɥS ∀
6. sdǝʇS
7. llǝq ∀
8. ɹᴉɐH
9. ɹoɹɹᴉW ∀
10. ʍoɹɔǝɹɐɔS ∀
11. ɐǝʇ/ƃɐq ɐǝʇ
12. ʍoɹɹɐqlǝǝɥM ∀
13. ʍoɹɹ∀ u∀
14. ʍɐS ∀
15. ǝɹᴉℲ