Thursday, December 4, 2014

Belts of the Eternal Flame


James "Sir Tao" Murphy

 

 

1. What year were you awarded your white belt?
            2014, Feast of Leviathan   

2. Who administered "the punch" and-- be honest!!--did it hurt?
             Phoenix,  yes it hurt, I actually made her day when I sent her a picture of the bruise

3. Whose belt did you wear until you got your own, and how was this significant for you?
                Lord (King now) Sir K's, He is the leader of my nation and someone who I look up to very much.  

4. Please describer your own belt's heraldry.
             My belt has the Yellow blackwood star around a red wheat stalk. I guess I need to do some more research and look into adding a diagonal stripe.

5. Why did you chose that heraldry to represent you?
            The star is the Blackwood star, my family, home and nation. The stalk of wheat represents hospitality. both things I hold in high regard, if you come to my house, my tent, (trailer), my fire, my gambling table, then I will do my best to make sure you are comfortable, happy and enjoy yourself.  (the Murphy coat of arms that my family comes from has the prancing lion and the wheat stalk, I use something very much like it for the Clontarf heraldry)

6. Who did the artwork on your belt?
            Keith Cronyn, Lord Sir Saegan, did the staining/painting and the leather edging

7. What do you remember most about your knighting?
            Lots of hugs, being absolutely amazed when I figured out they were talking about me.

8.  What does being a KOEF mean to you?
            That I have amazing people in my life, that a game I play finds worth in me, that I am not done serving the realms.