Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What You Missed- The Gift Swap at Cecil's Uncle's Crazy Tavern (Part Syruss)

WHAT I GOT FOR CECIL’S

Uncle Cecil’s is hand down on my short list for one of my favorite events of the year, with plenty of good reasons why.
Allow me to take you down a gift giving lane to show the true magic of this season…….PRESENTS!!!!!
(*TALKING TO NYMBOUS* Huh?....What giving is the most important? )
AHem the true magic of the season………GIVING!!!!!!!
This awesome funnel given to me by my Squire and at this event my 5th mate. Jacob Ruggerio, more commonly known as Grebinar, was playing Bloody Billy Bellameer.  This gift is special to me because I once had this very model of funnel. I mistakenly brought it to a ToC and let’s just say Ben Grant hates “one mores” because before I knew it we had some pretty plastic confetti smashed on the ground. It was time to make up for four years of funneling this Christmas week.


These Cookies were a gift From Janna Oakfellow-Pushee. Now I want to note that I did win these in an auction hosted by the Knights of the Blue Rose. But the sheer creativity and amount of cookies blew my expectations to that of a Holiday Miracle. Now this picture does not event begin to do these cookies justice. I had Cookie Anarchy A’s and Cookie Skulls but also Loaded up Pretzel cookies, Cherry Almond Chip Oatmeal Cookies,  Cranberry Snow Teacakes, Lemon Oreo Gingerbread (Janna you are a cookie wizard), Chocolate Gingerbread, and of course last but not least Lemon White Chocolate Cookies.
I can now open a small bakery. I went to go put these cookies in my Pillsbury dough boy cookie jar and he looked at me and said “Son, you must be bananas”

Thank you Janna you literally exceeded all expectations and the cookies, as per usual, are delicious.

This Joke book lol. I am going to take this view article as an opportunity to contact me and say I was the one who got you that you drunk schmuck. Because I received this gift at the foggiest part of the night shall we say. Whoever got it for me though knows two things. I love Wizards and Jokes. Great gift I am still cracking up.

Ah my new Knightly Belt for the Order of the Blue Rose. This was made by my favorite craftsperson Casey Lemay aka Karmha of Neden. The work she puts out is truly amazing. You can really see the detail, attention and love she puts into each of her pieces.
 

                                    




MY JINGLY BITS. This is one of my favorite gifts of any Cecils, it was not from the swap just from someone who likes me. Bethany Tozier  aka Freezia. Now freezia let Syruss (Mostly Cal) join the dancers guild( for the ladies ;)  ) years ago and every dacing event when its time for me to shake my rump I always look at Beth and say “whatcha got for me this time” this year She is like I got you this and it’s yours. I melted. Thank you again Beth for being an amazing pal I have something for you, it will be at Leviathan.


Now onto the main event my secret Santa swap gift. This treasure chest was made for me knowing that I was playing an Alt at the event. More so the thought that went into this gift far exceeded anything an Alt should have received. The color scheme of Green and Black was chosen for my Main Syruss as those are his personal colors. The two flint pistols loaded and fired and the chest was full of delicious cookies. You will need to use your imagination on the cookie part because I ate most of them.

Jennifer Rosa aka Lady Areni made this box with love and thoughtfulness that is a perfect representation of the giving season. She considered everything when making this and I am proud to put it upon my mantel with my select few other treasures I have amassed over a decade. 

Areni’s gift is the perfect motivation for me to be even more creative with my gift giving for next year.

The Realms has always been this kid’s family and these gifts added with the love and merriment I experienced with all you. This past Yule Party will be a constant reminder why I hold each of you so dear.

Thank you
Much Love and Respect along with all the seasons greetings.
Callahan Marsden
Sir Syruss O’Leary
(This year Captain Tommy Two Dice)