Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What You Missed- The Gift Swap at Cecil's Uncle's Crazy Tavern (Part 1)


Photo by Jesse Gifford
"As the days grew closer I could hardly contain my excitement to give and receive Yule swap gifts. I had left my requests pretty open (standard wine and cheese) and was eagerly awaiting to see what I would get. My swap, Kaelketar, went above and beyond my expectations. I received a fabulous red wine, not one, but three kinds of delicious cheese and a small beautiful pouch filled with all different kinds of Realms currency all wrapped up in a silky scarf. I could not have even imagined getting such a generous gift. As I looked around I could tell the crowd was feeling the same sense of appreciation and awe as I was. I think this year we all went above and beyond to give each other the best gifts we could. It is moments like this that remind me how even though we are a large community we really do appreciate and care for each other."
- Squire Taliea Gathalion (Heather Magnoli)
Photo by Jesse Gifford
"Had a great time with the gift swap, and it was my first year at UCCT. The gift I made for Angela/Phoenix was very well received, and it was great to see her showing off the cloak I'd spent so much time making as she greeted everyone.

The wooden mortar and pestle I received didn't have a 'from' tag, but it was exactly what I asked for, and beautiful. Plus, Chocolate! Who doesn't want an extra chocolate bar? Thanks."
 - Desiree (Kimberly Lougee)


"Gift swap joy!

I got to watch as the present I had been prepping for all month was unwrapped by Sir Vawn. Little painted wooden box, filled with just-made peppermint bark. As for my present...Therian/Steve Matulewicz got me. And the journal he gave me was gorgeous! "
- Phoenix Rose (Amanda Sieracki)

" Asking IC for True love I was quite curious as to what my secret santa would get me, I was surprised and satisfied to get a nicely made dagger, made of silver and etched onto it the words "The Better Mousetrap" it wasn't true love but I appreciate the thought that went into it, and will proudly adorn it on my side. -Rubis (Zach Senshuk)

Photo by Angela Gray
"The Gift Swap is one of the best parts of Uncle Cecil's each year, and it's always better when you get one of your friends (or one of your friends gets you). This year I was lucky enough to get both. I have a habit of giving a gag gift to my Gift Swap recipient. This year was no exception. I was assigned a well known lover of cheese and Nutella. So they received a jar of Nutella filled with Cheez Whiz (extra sharp cheddar flavor, I'm not a savage), lovingly wrapped in the first roll of Duck Tape I found in the back of my car. After spending several minutes excitedly peeling off the tape to get at the "hazel nutty goodness" she was sure it contained. The look on her face when she figured out what was actually in it was priceless. Fortunately for me she was a good sport about it, and when I gave her the real present I had for her she was overjoyed (or just really good at faking it). That interaction had me feeling very happy, but that paled in comparison to what I felt when I was presented with my gift. Apparently there was a shipping delay with my actual gift, but to make sure I did not go empty handed (or in his words, "in the interest of instant gratification") Joe Sims (Rillan) went into the kitchen and cooked me up what was one of the single greatest steaks of my life. A perfectly cooked T-bone with a bourbon plum glaze on the side. Both very satisfying exchanges were among the many highlights of the evening, and make me look forward to next year even more." - Mestoph (Jesse Gifford)