Friday, July 31, 2015

Fresh Face- Miguel "Neko" Rivera

Photo by Jesse Gifford
How did you learn about Realms?

My friend Josh(Lako) informed me about it

How many events have you been to?

My first event was TOC last year but I didn't have the time or finances to stay active. I started back up again at Feast of Chimeron this year.  Then Tournaments of Creathorne, Dragon Master 3, The Gilded Lion, Entrepreneurial Recovery, Blackwood Tournaments, Tournaments of the Void, and The Event Which Must Not be Named. So that would be 9 events.

Have you ever LARP’ed before? If so tell us about it?

I tried Nero many years ago. It was a fun experience for my first time but it was way to expensive and I didn't like how underpowered you were. Then I did LoR for about a year before I got into Realms and I enjoyed the system which is similar to Realms so it was a smooth transition.

What is your character like? Where are they from? What is their race? What is important to them?
He is cunning, curious, not very trusting, and knows when to fib or flee. I was once a normal cat but was reborn in a land probably not known to many people; called the abyss. My master an myself are the only thing that matter to me.

What do you remember most about your first event?

How friendly everyone was. Realms has a great community of people who are willing to help you out. Tournaments of Creathorne has a little bit of everything questing, tournaments, socializing, and drinking lots of drinking.

What things have helped to make you feel welcome in game?

I was able to join with a group of friends. So if I ever feel overwhelmed I can head to my friends who are in the nation of Gau Dring. Through them I have met many other people and hope to meet many more.

What parts of the game do you find most challenging?

Getting involved in plot for quests. There so many people and so much going on it's hard to know whats always going on.

Do you have any game related goals (as either a player or character)?

As a player I would like to be one of the best florentine fighters as for my character well you know what they say about curiosity. You’ll just have to wait and see >;3

What advice would you give other new players?

Just get out there and do stuff. Don't be afraid talk to npc's/pc's do stupid things (obviously nothing too detrimental) get involved and most importantly enjoy yourself.

What have you enjoyed most about the game so far?

What haven't I enjoyed. Every day is a new adventure. There is always something going on. I've had some good moments and I'm sure there will be plenty more epic encounters. I can't wait to become a more veteran player.