Friday, January 12, 2018

10 More Questions - Josh Fitzgerald

10 More Questions with Josh "Lakomasoi" Fitzgerald

Photo by: Jesse Gifford

1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of? 

Gau Dring, while I cannot take all the credit for where we are as a Nation I still am most proud of the people in Gau Dring who have gotten us where we are. We have won the Up and coming group two years in a row, which seemed odd the second time around to still be up and coming but something I think we received with pride. We placed 3rd in the Wa
r tourney at ToC, while there were larger groups and more experienced we did what we could and showed up, as a group this had to be one of the best things we could have done together.

I am also proud of Big Game Hunt while it has taken some time off this was something needed and there is a plan in place to return to the realms this coming year better than before.

2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose? 

I am a caster,  shy of a few times I have been a fighter due to plot reasons or regionals or other variances I have always been a caster.

I enjoy it, I enjoy the flexibility and RP chances that I am given, it is nice to have the ability to do things I normally can’t do in real life. I can get my fighter fix at practices or NPCing when I really want to.

3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item that has meant a lot to you, and why?

Magic Items- personally I’ve only ever owned two Items. Currently it is the shield of Air, this was a gift from a friend and something I have kept close to me since. The other item was the Jury Rig Amulet I don’t own it anymore but it was a nice little item that helped newbies along when they were just starting out.

EDIT AFTER Cecils: The Staff of the Monkey King- I put this on my list as a “If you could ahev anything” I have wanted that staff since I found out it was a thing, I didn’t care what it did, it was more of the idea behind the item. It started out more of a joke that I wanted it, but eventually it became something I strove to own. The person who owned it made me want to be worthy to carry it. Now that I have it I have to learn about what it really is. For me this Item is a new path of learning.

4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?

Gau Dring, they are my Nation and my family both IC and OOC

5) Who is your best friend in character and why? 

I don’t know how to answer this, however if I don’t mention Kyara I think she might kill me.


Photo and Editing by M.G. Norris Photography


6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player? 

Learn to Fly: This was the first chance I actually had to throw an event for the Realms. I have to thank John Berrini for the opportunity to give back to the community, this event was a huge success in my book, not only for kicking off a plot line that is ongoing, but also for the positive feed back and learning experiences that came from it.

7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character? 

The Bedlam Plot, I think a lot of people can pull from those events, however for me It really gave me a different direction to bring Lako as far as his interactions with the Realms.

8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC? 

Feast of Leviathan, Giving Enlon his Title of Champion. At the time Lako was poisoned to embarrass himself, so announcing myself as Top in front of the entire hall I felt was a good way to do it. That entire time up there things kept go awry, from the announcement to handing Enlon the sword sheath from Swoop.While it was embarrassing I don’t think I would change it, also some people still refer to Lako as the Top which for me is just entertaining.


Photo by: Dustin Mack

9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players? 

Stick to your character and have fun. If you are playing the game as a character stick with it, people may tell you to change it because it isn’t popular, or it isn’t strong in current game sense, who cares. Stick with what you have fun with and run with that idea.

Make decisions IC that aren’t always popular but are true to your character. Get involved in plot, create your own interpersonal plot, Meet people and learn from them. Enjoy what you are doing, you are playing a game get involved with as much of that game as possible.

10) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game? 

Confidence, the ability to do something, fail, learn from it and grow. Also keep people in your life who are there to support you, not beat you down. Find a family who is willing to help you grow but isn’t afraid to tell you when and where you messed up. Don’t be afraid to start all over if you have to.

BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with? 

Kelly Bonci/ Dame Twenaria- or put names in a hat of people who have never been interviewed. Interview them.

BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print.

This is a really dangerous question. I considered Quoting the Odyssey, like the entire thing right here.

But in truth, Grow. Give back to this community and help it grow. Get to know opinions outside of your Circle, meet people you don’t normally talk to. Go out of your way to meet and get to know as many people in this game as you can.