Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Why I Want to Go-Feast of Blackwood IX

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

I’ve had the great privilege of attending this event both as a player and as a member of staff, and I guarantee you will have fun this weekend, because that is the quality of event that this staff provides. If you’ve never been before, this event is one of those special events that seamlessly ties together food, questing, and tournaments in a form that ensures that everyone will enjoy themselves.

The staff is continuing to pull out all of the stops with a plot that is enthralling to so many players. They consistently offer PC’s high-role play experiences, phenomenal props, and choices that genuinely impact the story. One of the things that always stands out to me about Feast of Blackwood is the opportunity to playtest new and interesting mechanics, which really helps guide the direction of the whole game. This event will provide PC’s with the opportunity to make the kind of memories that years later we will all be discussing around the campfire saying, “No shit, remember when…” You definitely don’t want to miss it.

Now, I would be remiss if I didn’t wax poetically about the food at this event. Saturday night before the nightquest, the staff will fuel you up with a classic spaghetti supper that I promise you will hit the spot before you venture out into the woods. But the real amazing stuff will come out on Sunday. I’m talking Realms famous meatloaf, Rueben pizzas, and so much more. When this staff cooks, they do it with love and excellence. You will be impressed by the variety and quality of the food that is set before you.

There was once a time in the Realms that I could find myself bored at a feast, especially if I wasn’t in the kitchen. But Blackwood has us covered--there will be tournaments and gambling to keep you more than entertained between delicious courses. If you are looking for an event that excels at bringing us all of the best that the Realms has to offer, look no further than this weekend and make it a point to come out to Feast of Blackwood.