Thursday, November 29, 2012

10 Questions - Ben "Sir K" Greene



Ben "Sir K" Greene

How long have you been playing?
Photo by Bethany Tozier
My first event was Water Wars back in 1992, so it’s been 20 years since I first discovered the Realms.  Though I did take a few years off in the mid 90’s because of “real life”.

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
The whole system has been rewritten since I first started.  The weapons are hardly recognizable.  In short it would be easier to discuss what hasn’t changed, and that is the community.  For all of our talk about how much better it was back in the old days, and how much closer we used to be. The truth is as a whole the realms is a community that sticks together and supports each other better than any other I have ever been a part of. 

Who have you learned the most from?
That is hard.  I try to learn something from everyone I interact with.  I guess some of the strongest influences I’ve had would have to include Andy, Jarrod, Blade, and Cinnabar.  But, I think I learn even more from the people I try to teach.

What was your best moment IC?
This may be the hardest question on the list.  This game by its nature is a strung together series of great moments.  Every event should bring a great moment to someone, and a good event brings a great moment to everyone at some point whether as a group or individually.  I have been lucky enough to be a part of many such moments. 

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
Again I have been lucky enough to have many to choose from.  I think I would have to say being chosen as a KoEF was the best moment overall for me.


Photo by Dustin Mack


What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
I would love to see plots be more interconnected.  I think it would really add to the feeling of being part of a complete world if the major plots interacted more.

What advice would you give new players?
Get involved. Don’t be afraid to talk to people.  Everyone has strengths, figure out what yours are and develop them.

What do you love most about the game?
The escape from reality, the creativity, the community, and more than anything the friends I’ve made.

Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Matt Loven / Karne

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
Don’t be afraid to get involved no matter how young or old you are you have something to offer the community.