Friday, January 9, 2015

Fireside Chat with Rawlin

Here is a slight insight into one of the members of Neden.  I was hoping for a flowing conversation, but Rawlin turned out to be a little less glib than I anticipated.  So here you have it, folks.  An all too brief conversation with Rawlin of Neden about his dreams, his church and his nation.  Sort of.


Where are your parents today?
They’re dead.
Photo by Jesse Gifford

What are you most proud of accomplishing?
I haven’t really accomplished anything to be particularly proud of yet. I’ll let you know when I do though.

If you could be granted any wish, what would it be?
Immortality

Why?
I don’t want to stop experiencing life.

Aren't you afraid of outliving your friends?
No, I will be sad when they pass, but I will make new friends.

What if you get bored?
A wise man once said, if you are bored, then you are boring.

What does your bedroom look like?
Oh, I know a way you can find that out. *wink*
**********Note to self to edit questions better when dealing with certain people  -T *************

What advice do you have for a new adventurer?
You should be my friend; I’m an exceedingly good friend to have.

Tell us about your favorite feast dish.
I love food too much to just pick one.

Well, then pick three.
Applewood Smoked Ribs
Stuffed Mushrooms
Bacon Wrapped Scallops

Photo by Jesse Gifford
What pets do you have?
I don’t have any pets, I have a traveling companion named Roger, he always has my back.
Well.  Tell me about Roger, where did you find him?
Roger found me. He is a Cheshire Cat. We like the same things.

How do you earn your gold?
Betting on myself, and then winning. Bartering and selling.

What do you sell?
Horses, armor, garb, magic items, information. 

If you knew then, what you know now, what would you have done differently?
That is hard to say, I probably would have tried to prevent the Neden war.

What was your most memorable questing moment?
I prefer not to answer.

Who do you admire most and why?
Aeston, he is an honorable and well respected man, it must be exhausting.

Tell me about your first adventure?
I don’t remember it very well, but I do remember it being exhilarating.
I think I remember some of it.  Do you recall any of it?
I recall Cecil, he was very majestic, and I remember wearing an awful brown robe tied with a rope. I was very poor when I first started adventuring.

In every life, there is a defining moment. Tell us about yours.
Photo by Casey Lemay

Mine is yet to come.

There are always new boots on the field, what advice would you give them?
Have fun.

What are your driving passions?
Humor, enlightenment, and power.

In your opinion, what would you describe to be the biggest threat to the world at large?
Complacency

What was your life like before you began adventuring?
Not as fun.  I am from a very poor family, I grew up in squalor, and my childhood was largely uneventful. I set out on my own as soon as I was old enough.

How have your country mates influenced your actions?
That is a perplexing question to answer. I am the person I am today because of adventuring with my country mates. One would have to compare my actions with a control subject from another timeline that did not join Neden.

Tell me about the most memorable villain you ever fought.
Many others can tell you about the Shadowking.

Ok, then share your opinions of Jonas Cooke?
Spare the rod, spoil the child. A tragic story with a tragic end.

Where and how do you spend your time when you're not adventuring?
Neden Castle, relaxing.

How do you relax?
Feasting with friends, reading a good book, coming up with new bardic material, reveling in the ecstasy of life.