Wednesday, January 14, 2015

On Squiring to Syruss- by Jacob "Grebinar" Ruggiero

When Syruss (Cal Marsden) first came to me with the idea of being his squire I was baffled. I didn't expect to ever be offered a squireship in reality, but before I got too excited and just agreed I told him I wanted to think about it and I did. I thought of what I would get out of this and possibly what he would get out of it. (mostly headaches and me losing his things). I agreed because I knew that he could help me with my fighting, questing, critical thinking, awareness, and more. Not only has he helped in IC but on many OOC levels as well. I didn't notice the changes myself during all of this but I really have become more involved on quests (instead of just being another meat shield). So far with this squireship I have made leaps and bounds beyond my expectations and I hope to continue doing so but the one of the more difficult things is being self-aware and figuring out what I need work on and how to accomplish the goals.

Syruss and I have worked together on my goals for a while now.  My favorite was when we had our fun days where we would just have fun go out and enjoy the day just hanging out and getting to know each other. I think this is something all knights and squires should do because it allows you to bond and get to know each other better on a personal level and it gives you a new view on learning/teaching each other. Through hanging out, going to events, and all that I have learned a great deal from Syruss from learning to think outside the box, to new fighting tactics/maneuvers, and all in all I’m extremely glad I took this squireship.