Monday, March 2, 2015

Where are they now- Wayne "Milo" Willard

Wayne “Milo Kest” Willard started the game at Queen of Hearts in 1995. When asked he said he tapered off from play sharply about 1998/1999, though I know I started in July of 1998 and have encountered him at least a half dozen times in character, with him showing up at Queen of Hearts as recently as 2010.  Those that remember Milo might also remember his dog Fang, as she was a big part of his Realms experience.



Wayne said, “In my mind Milo was at his best centering the Folkstone line, with Betty on his left with her pike. It always felt right in that line.” Milo was also instrumental in bringing about the elimination of the Cadre.

His comments on his time in game include, “So many good memories. I think some of best were prepping for my first event with Andrew Spring, Jim Marden, and Dave & Pete Starkey. We spent hours practicing, and making weapons. That first event I was so pumped. We fought with Folkstone. I wore the skin off the tops of my feet inside my combat boots”.

Wayne currently lives in Wendell, MA, the town he grew up in. He is currently an L.P.N. and member of the Wendell Fire Department.  He married his wife Dawn in 2007 (Jarrod Marshall performed the ceremony). In 2013 they adopted their two youngest kids Christopher and Haiden.