Friday, March 3, 2017

10 More Questions with Dustin "Toah" Mack





1) What achievement either in or out of character are you most proud of?

Receiving a few minor titles was a nice achievement. Toah is the Standard Bearer of both Acteon and the Burlap Terror.


2) Are you a fighter or a caster? Have you always been? How did you choose?

I'm a caster now with both characters. Gwynplaine has always been a caster, Toah was a fighter for the first 5 or so years. I dont feel like I have the motivation needed to become a better fighter, so I decided to become a caster instead.


3) Have you ever owned an artifact, memento, or magic item  that has meant a lot to you, and why?

My belt favor from Nilfheim's Fall (probably spelled wrong). That was one of the first things anyone in the game had given me, and they were probably my first non-Acteon friends. I still wear it and always will. My in house item from Neden may be up there too, as its the closest Ive had to having my own magic item.


4) What group of people do you spend the most time with and why?

Blackwood, since thats the nation Im in. There are plenty of people from other groups or not in groups that I spend time with, but most of the time Im around Blackwood. Though when playing Gwynplaine I guess I spend more time around other Harlequin followers, if anyone.


5) Who is your best friend in character and why?

Ive never really put thought into that. I suppose it would probably be the rest of Acteon for Toah, largely because theyre some of my best friends OOC. Gwynplaine's best friend might be Mr Aris Bloodsword, though he may not agree :) And Id also say both characters consider James Swift a very good friend.



Photo by Casey Lemay

6) What event or moment had the greatest impact on you as a player?

Theres probably something good I could put here, but I cant think of much. Maybe the times I NPC'd something more important than a crunchy? In general, those times were a nice change from being a minor baddie, and I hope to get more chances at that to work my way up to being comfortable playing really important NPCs.


7) What event or moment had the greatest impact on your character?

The only thing I can think of is when Acteon joined with Blackwood. In just one day we suddenly had a large group to run with, and its been great being part of that group.

I dont really do enough to have many real impactful moments, and I intend to change that. Youre all welcome to help me make that change, too :)


8) What is your most embarrassing moment, either IC or OOC?

There havent been many. The only thing that comes to mind is at a practice when my pants ripped open. I tried duct taping them closed to finish the practice, but that didnt work well.


9) What is the best piece of advice you'd give to other players?

Im not much of an advice giver


10 ) What is the most important thing you've learned through the game?

Im sure I must have learned something after all this time. I really wish I had an answer here...


BONUS QUESTION #1: Who would you like to see the next interview be with?

Nos, Wrath, and/or Emilio


BONUS QUESTION #2: Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print:
Some of these questions were tough because I have a terrible memory and have likely forgotten important things from my time in the Realms. If you read this and can think of potentially better answers for the questions, Id love to hear them.