Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Why I Want to Go-Tales of Teng Hua 2.1

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

A special shout out to the Teng Hua staff who are providing us with some much needed Realms content this weekend via a virtual questing event that is sure to wow. Tales of Teng Hua  2.1 will feature the storyline, role-playing, and puzzle-solving that we need during this time.

I am excited to see how the staff will pull together this multi-media event, and I’m even more excited to see our community come together despite the challenges that social distancing have thrust upon us. I suppose the only thing I am not excited about is realizing that I’m old and don’t know what Discord is. Challenge #1 of the event for some of us will be reaching out to the younger and hipper players of the Realms to set up our own account and change our settings to “push-to-talk” (I think that means that I just shove Aeston and then talk? I guess maybe I’ll do okay with this new platform after all…)

Look for interactive role-playing sessions with NPCs and your fellow heroes, challenges you can chew over from the comfort of your couch, and opportunities to work with friends both old and new to learn more about the ever-elusive Yosei.

Watching the Realms innovate has always been one of my favorite things about our community. I’ve seen this staff do it in real life so many times that I have no doubt that they will be creating an epic experience for us online. I can’t thank them enough for stepping up in the midst of everything and declaring that the show must go on. My hats are off to you friends--can’t wait to see what you come up with!