Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Why I Want To Go - Tournaments of Artemis XI

Written by: Maria ‘Liselle’ Carr

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for Tournaments of Artemis.  It’s a day of fighting, fun and competition that focuses on the leadership and skills of the Huntresses.  Everyone will be divided into two teams and there will be a variety of challenges, everything from war-maneuvers that may or may not have a twist to them, to squad battles and individual matchups. 

The challenges that the teams will face are always creative and well thought out. ‘Stay in your Lane’ and ‘Dungeon Danger Dice’ will be returning and are both different and formidable.  There are also going to be new tournaments such as ‘Group Tarnisha’s Challenge’ and ‘Teamwork’.

I have gone to this event for the past two years and it never ceases to amaze me how much thought and prep are put into the different tournaments.  While we were stuck inside last year, due to the rain, Natalia still made it fun and engaging where everyone fought hard and had a blast.  This year the weather is looking promising and all the tournaments should be outside, giving us space to run and kill each other.

Also, let's not forget the food!  Throughout the day there will be snacks and a late lunch/early dinner which is great since we will all be building an appetite.  The last part of the day will be awards and a small induction ceremony for the Huntresses. 


I can’t wait to meet the other Huntresses on the field, as I will be one of them.