Friday, August 16, 2013

10 Questions - Andrew "Kulic" Karcz

Andrew "Kulic" Karcz

How long have you been playing?
Photo by Lina Weldell

My first event was Knights of the Eternal Flame Tournaments 2011, which is about two and a half years by my count

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
For the most part, I've seen a lot of stellar new people join our community, which is nice to see new ideas brought in

Who have you learned the most from?
Ah, this is a toss-up between Josh Learned, who has always been ready to kill me (sometimes even at practice.)  and Mike Doherty.

What was your best moment IC?
Feast of Leviathan 2012, when I was initiated into the Church of Arius

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
As a player, when I (personally) realized my own potential as a fighter, earlier this year. One day, I just realized I wanted to be one of the best, so I began learning from the best.

Photo by Lina Weldell
What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
Rule wise, I would like to see some work done on the Alchemist path. IMO, I feel it is less its own path, more of a grab bag from several other paths.
Community wise, some more role play oriented events.

What advice would you give new players?
Never stop learning. Bored during a quest? Chat up an oldbie. Not fighting in a tournament? Do some sparring on the sidelines

What do you love most about the game?
How close the community has become to me. I can't even remember the last time I went a week without talking to SOMEONE from Realms

Who would you like to see the next interview be with?
Tom Burchell (the new one) or Aimee Berube

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
Taste the mead at Festival of Val Dara! [which is being held August 23-August 25]