Friday, October 10, 2014

Fresh Faces- Ben "Kyro" Hamilton

How did you learn about Realms?

Photo by Jesse Gifford
I started to attend the UConn practices 3 years ago and learned about the realms from Jason and the other veterans players at practice. 

How many event have you been to?

have pced 15 events and I have npced 12 events. Favorites have been the Silver Eye (1 and 2) and Queen of Hearts

What do you remember most about your first event?

My first event was Queen of Hearts. Most memorable part was sitting on the floor for awhile after being told the green drink I had was poisoned. I don't remember who raised me, but I remember they weren't too pleased

Have you ever LARP’ed before?  If so tell us about it?
The realms was the first time I ever LARP'ed.
 
Photo by Jesse Gifford

What things have helped to make you feel welcome in game?

Being added as a member to the oaken guard at my first event helped give me a sense of identity. From their everyone in Rhiassa has been very friendly.

What parts of the game do you find most challenging?


Fighting. Not that it's difficult to pick up a sword and swing it, but that there is always going to be someone who can beat you. Every fight is it's own challenge and you have to try to learn from each fight.

Photo by Jesse Gifford

Do you have any game related goals (as either a player or character)?


I hope I could be a more integral part of a questing event at some point because I feel like that's a good step towards learning how to be an event holder.

What advice would you give other new players?


Try to learn something from everyone you meet whether they have been in the realms long or not.

What have you enjoyed most about the game so far?


I like how every person performs at their best and always has fun.

What is your character like?  Where are they from? What is their race? What is important to them?

Kyro is quiet and determined. He'd never pass up a chance to help someone else or spar with someone. Kyro is from Fort Oakenbrook and is Human. The most important thing to Kyro is to always try to better himself.

.