From the Kitchen of the Royal Patisseur of Chimeron
(ie, Raynor's Winning Chocolate Pear Tart recipe!)
- 1c steel-cut oats
- 1/4 stick butter, softened
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Shaved or grated chocolate
- Liquid caramel topping
- 3 oz dried pears, cut into strips
- 12 oz pear nectar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4c Fireball whiskey
- 8 mini graham cracker crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the topping: mix together the oats, sugar, and salt. Cut in softened butter until ingredients are well-mixed and slightly crumbly. Set aside.
- For the filling: place dried pears and pear nectar into a large pot; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whiskey.
- Simmer the filling mixture until reduced, stirring every few minutes. Once reduced, pour into each tart shell. Sprinkle topping mixture over each tart, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tarts from over. Sprinkle with shaved or grated chocolate while still hot. Once cool, drizzle lightly with caramel topping.
- Serve and enjoy!