Thursday, November 6, 2014

Belts of the Eternal Flame



Belts of the Eternal Flame

Bethany "Dame Freesia" Tozier








 
1. What year were you awarded your white belt? 

            2007


2. Who administered "the punch" and-- be honest!!--did it hurt?

            Kelly (Greenhalge) Bonci and no the punch did not hurt. I remember thinking that it should have. But, maybe I was just on an adrenaline kick.


3. Whose belt did you wear until you got your own, and how was this significant for you?
           
            Kelly and I have known each other for a number of years and in numerous circles outside of the realms. We've known each other since Jr. High and High School. We may have only been 'fringe friends' when we were younger, but later we became much closer. Out of everyone I have known in one way or another within the Realms, Kelly is one of the longest standing. We go back, unofficially, about twenty years. At the time we only went back 15 (I think) ;-)

4. Can you describe your own belt's heraldry?

            My belt has a sword with a gold hilt wrapped in a freesia flower/vine. Above is a single blue stripe at a diagonal, and below (the tip) is grey.

5. Why did you chose that heraldry to represent you?

            Freesia was (is and always will be) my main character. It is she I built up most and have had many wonderful years playing. The sword is because she is very much a fighter (as much as I am OOC) and the freesia flowers, well… self explanatory. The grey at the tip is to represent Creathorne, Freesia’s first true home in the realms. The blue at the top originally was for the future, the sky was my limit. Now it also represents for me my second home as Freesia, Folkstone.

6. Who did the artwork on your belt?

            Leanne (Hoffman) Micciche

7. What do you remember most about your knighting?

            I remember sitting on the ground after a grueling day of fighting during Queen of Hearts. The KoEF took the field for a semi-court before official dinner break and they started talking. I was looking around to see if I could figure it out “Who the heck are they talking about?!” For the first time there was no rumor as to who was being knighted. How weird, right? And then Kelly said my name. She had to say it twice for me to hear her and acknowledge what was happening.

8. What does being a KoEF mean to you?

            It means a lot. It means that, without really knowing what I was doing and without asking for recognition, I was able to influence a community and group I held in high regard and also be the leader I had always wanted to be. It means great responsibility as well. I never knew until the moment the belt was around my waist what it really meant, and there is no way to accurately describe it.