Thursday, February 26, 2015

Belts of the Eternal Flame

Sean "Sir Wil" Veale


Photo by Jesse Gifford



1.  What year were you awarded your white belt?

2010  N+S War


2.  Who administered "the punch" and-- be honest!!--did it hurt?

Kathy Fey and it did a bit :)



3.  Whose belt did you wear until you got your own, and how was this significant for you?

Steve  M ,  as the current King of Chimeron it meant a lot to me to have that passed on.


4. Please describe your own belt's heraldry.

My heraldry has 3 purple downward arrows above a cross Sword and Spoon, with a Goblin face; with three teeth; over the spoon and sword.



5. Why did you chose that heraldry to represent you?

My the arrows came about as I saw many Knights belts with slashes or other markings and I wanted to keep that symbolism. Purple came about simply as my favorite color. The spoon represents my love of service, especially in a feast hall, the sword for my love of martial combat,  and the goblin mask for my love of NPC'ing. Three teeth because everyone knows the more teeth a goblin has the smarter it is.



6. Who did the artwork on your belt?

Kathy Fey



7. What do you remember most about your knighting?

 I remember having to work that day that ran late, so I decided to not go to the event. Karen Veale called me and had to convince me to show up without tipping her hand.  I don't remember what she said.  I remember being cranky coming up, but not soon after.



8. What does being a KoEF mean to you?

Being true to yourself means always try to keep improving.  I always am happy to give advice when asked, as well as take it when people have it.


Photo by Jesse Gifford