Friday, January 15, 2016

10 Questions with Craig "Bohis Nosetti" Blais

Hi My name is Craig Blais also known as Bohis Nosetti.

How long have you been playing?
I have been a part of the realms for a little over ten years.


How has the game changed since you've been playing?
The game has changed a lot since i started playing, from the spell system to the weapons we now use, A lot has changed. Back when I started we had to use 3/4" pvc for our weapons and 1/2" pvc was on trial to see if it was safe to be used for 3'8"s. We also used to have Two cost buy downs for spells instead of the current one cost buy downs.



Who have you learned the most from?
Honestly I feel I have learned a lot from most of the realms community from pretty much every Nation, However I feel the person who taught me the most would be Nazir(Chris Gallo). He has taught me how to fight since I started playing in our game, He has also taught me how to make weapons and craft pieces of armor.

What was your best moment IC?
While playing in this game I have experienced so many moments that it is hard to list just one but to this day the one story i seem to tell people the most to get them interested in trying realms Begins on a Creathorne Night quest. This was a Long time ago and it involves a friend of mine who sadly no longer plays the game his name is CK, The story begins like most Creathorne Night quests do with the loud bang of fire works and the portal opening. CK and I Got separated from the main group and ended up lost in the dark until we found a small group questing and joined them, it being dark we asked nicely if any of them had a light spell so we could see the path. One of the members of the group said yes and produced the spell illuminating the darkness as well as the very large Line of Battle ready demons equipped with all manner of weapons from single short to 6'6", At that point we all panicked the light was dropped and the rest of the group ran away to get the main questing party before we knew it CK and I were left stranded and scared. Terrified out of our mind as this event took place early in our adventuring career. By a stroke of luck we were able to position our selves in a small path that led back to the main quest group, however the group didn't know about the path at the time and took the long way around. Stuck in this small path CK and I looked at each other, knowing that if we didn't hold this path the quest group would be rolled, and made the choice to stay and fight. What happened next was the best fighting i think I have ever done to date, i was a one path healer with a sword and board combo and CK was a sword and board fighter and boy did we hold that pass it was like watching the movie 300, A swing would come at CK and i would block it for him as he swung in retaliation or an arm would be lost and I would Heal it while CK blocked a strike aimed to slay me. In all this fight wasn't that important or long, but to CK and I it lasted forever and was the most important thing we could be doing at the time. When the group finally reached us and pushed back the demons we crawled out of the path we smiled at each other feeling like the most important people on the quest even if nobody knew what happened.

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
One of my best moments as an NPC had to be the first time i played a bedlam boy, I think this may have been one of the first bedlam events because the adventuring party was supposed to open a giant door with purple lights on it. As the NPCs my friends and I were given simple instructions, Be quit and don't make any noise and hide in the bushes and  don't be seen. We all hid in the bushes waiting quietly as the whole PC group passed us trying to hard not to make a sound, and then it happened, the PC group opened the door and we were told to spring into action but not to say a word. The fear in the faces of the PCs and the terror they felt as a whole group of NPCs came out of the woods and the bushes next to them silently attacking them was one of the most powerful  memories I have of being an NPC.

What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
I believe that we should be trying to make our weapons look more like actual weapons (i mean as close as we can with pvc and foam). I am not talking like the full latex looks and crazy detail, but some cross guards or something else to get away from the popsicle swords. I know popsicles are cost effective, easy to make, and super light, but I feel we should use the lightness of bamboo to make our weapons look nice without the super inconvenience of making the weapon super heavy like they were with pvc weapons.

What advice would you give new players?
My advice to players is usually to talk to people, the only way you can learn things is to have someone teach you.

What do you love most about the game?
I love going to events and seeing friends that i haven't seen in a while and forgetting the "real" world and just enjoying some amazing hangout time with friends and swords.

Who would you like to see the next interviews be with?
Richard Sparks (Thanius), William Pappas (Salem Nosetti), Beth Tozier (Freesia)

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
This game has been one of the best experiences in my Life and I am glad to have been a part of this game for so long.