Friday, April 29, 2016

View Awards: Cal/Syruss

The View from Valehaven Readers Choice Awards Nominations Continue!




How many times did you perform in 2015?
I participated in two official bardic's but mostly I perform with Bardic College around fires and at gatherings. However this year at Ashen Bounty I started using my bard skills on quests, through the power of magic and my awesome harp the heroes of the realms never lost ground and we seized the day.

Why do you opt to perform in Realms?
I opt to perform wherever I can be hear *chuckles*. I love to entertain whether I'm doing stand up comedy, acapella fire singing, small skits, telling stories or singing Q-eoke with my best pal Lord Nymbous as long as eyes are on me and smiles are on faces I will perform.

What do you do for performances and what are some things you keep in mind that you feel helps to make you successful?
As mentioned in the previous question I do (but am not limited to) Singing (with band), Singing (Acapella), Stand up comedy, Skit Comedy, Drama, Improvisation Playing instruments, puppet shows, Pantomiming  or just plan old epic tale telling.

What are some of the challenges you face regarding performing?
Knowing my limits is one. I would love to hit high notes I cannot but I sometimes try and fail anyways. Having performed so many times I still get a bit of butterflies but mostly its just excitement.

So challenge wise maybe getting enough of us together for a real Realms concert.

Tell us about a memorable moment you had while performing?
Well healing while singing and playing my fantastic harp at Ashen Bounty was fantastic. But I will never forget the when I first started singing outside Panthers, we were doing all kinds of different Nordic chants and old timey songs all acapella with a range of 4 to 5 people. We laughed, we sang, we drank (punch) but mostly importantly we had fun and those around us had fun too.

If someone wanted to get involved in performing in Realms what advice would you have for them? Jump in two feet first. Find someone doing something you like and asked to join. The realms has some of the most open and accepting people I have ever met. This lands helped shape me to I am today, I found my best friends here, my family here, I learned confidence and style poise not grace but I did all this by trying new things and meeting new and amazing people.