Friday, April 7, 2017

View from Valehaven Editorial Staff

Big Changes
By Diana "Kiira" LaPierre

There comes a time in every LARP-based publication's life where the staff make a decision to grow. We here at the View from Valehaven have decided on taking in new editors to help us improve and increase our weekly content. I happen to have the honor of introducing them to you! They are...



Lani Grayson

"In my real life, I’m a high school history teacher, so I spend a lot of my day telling people what to do and when to do it. In Realms, you’ll often find me hanging out in the kitchen, telling people what to do and when to do it. I really do enjoy cooking, I dabble in sewing (especially as it pertains to Realms), and I love watching movies on repeat (especially because it annoys Jeremy). I also feel like I should point out that I have a pretty strong addiction to Harry Potter, and, because I know this is an important question to answer, yes, I am a Hufflepuff."


Sara Jessop 

"I'm a person of varied interests. I enjoy LARPing, TTRPGs, and video games. I also enjoy shopping, scrapbooking, and historical romance novels, and I've been obsessed with I Love Lucy since I was 5 years old. I've been a hairstylist for 15 years and love working in the beauty industry! I love taking my real world knowledge and applying it in an in-character way within the Realms."



And finally...

With the brisk and rugged exterior of a seasoned veteran and the inside of a cuddly kitten, our final newest Editor is Jeremy Grayson, AKA Sir Nighthawk, who didn't want to write his own bio. Let me sum up:

Jeremy is a multiple decade player who is a member of the Knights of the Eternal Flame and Conciliarius Imperatoris in the Nation of Invictus, as well as belonging to several other orders. Jeremy spends a lot of his time staffing events, from prop-making and NPCing, to helping cook at feasts, marshaling at tournaments, and more. He also attends weekly practices at UConn. When he is playing Nighthawk, Jeremy exemplifies what a quality player should be: honorable, helpful, and curmudgeon-y.

Along with these excellent additions to our editorial staff, we will be running a new series entitled "Ask an Editor". It is, exactly as it sounds, a chance to ask any questions of us, either as you, your character, or anonymously. Starting at the Feast of Eagles Rook this Saturday, we will be bringing a box with paper and writing utensils where you can write your questions for us and we will respond to you. We will also be posting monthly on social media for you to be able to ask us your questions. You can address any one of us editors specifically, or you can leave it open for us to decide.

We would also like to thank our regular contributors for your continued support to our game, and also to our dedicated readers, without whom we would not be here today. Thanks everyone!