Thursday, August 30, 2018

Getting to Know Paul "Decion" Fournier Via Multiple Voices

(Photos by Angela "Phoenix" Gray)


I have known Dec for 22 years, in that time I have never seen him anything but smiling.  Paul is one of the nicest people I’ve met through realms, and is always willing to lend a hand if you need it. Dec is also fun to hang out with outside of game, and has brought numerous of his kids into the game at one point or another. Totally aside, he is a pretty good healer also, even if he only uses wooden weapons. ~ Jeremy "Nighthawk" Grayson

At my first queen of hearts, I was in a castle battle, apparently it got around that at the time I had the spell disrupt. Phoenix put me up in a tower and the one I went in had Dec and Sarah. Dec pulled me up with a smile and he and Sarah provided me with coverage from the pike men while I disrupted their.... I THINK it was their mystic forge. After it got disrupted we managed to push past their line and win! He played a direct part in not only making me feel welcome, but also being the reason I was first able to feel like... well feel like a hero~ Tanner "Sera" Wilson





I think my very first Dec memory was one that many people have experienced.

I was at my first Folkestone Questing event and Dec was the magic marshal. I was very new , and this was all pretty exciting, I was extra excited because I was learning another spell this event.

I go up to Dec, show him my spellbook, he asks if I need to learn any spells, and I nod and tell him which one. He thinks for a moment and says to me, "Collect 100 pine cones for me."

I'm not sure how often he used that before me, but I know he has used it countless times since then, and it still remains a classic.

By the way, I did collect the pine cones more than once in my Realms career.~ Jason "Malaki" Gray