Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Why I Want to Go-Feast of Folkestone XIX and Folkewood Questing 2018

by Lani "Gwen" Jones

It’s hard for me to know where to begin when I’m telling you why I want to go to Feast of Folkestone and Folkewood Questing this weekend. How do you quantify an event is such a staple on so many of our Realms’ calendars? This weekend is sure to be one that captivates your appetite, both for great food and great fun. I’ve had the pleasure to be at this event as both a player and staff, and no matter what side of the aisle I’m on, I’ve always had a blast, and I know you will too.

I’ve had a sneak preview of the menu this year, and let me tell you, all the stops have been pulled out. When these guys say “Brunch is What’s for Dinner” they really and truly mean it. We are talking about homemade bread, garden fresh veggies, and homemade with love sweets and savories of all kinds. Bring your appetite, but also bring your green and gold. Gamble, participate in Dessert Wars, and generously bid at the auction to benefit Paul Fournier. Between the food and the festivities, it’s an evening you definitely don’t want to miss.

I would be remiss if I didn’t gush over the excellent questing you are sure to encounter this weekend as well. This EH staff is excited to share with you their new and creative ideas to keep you engaged and entertained all weekend. No matter your play style, you are sure to walk away with a sense of excitement that only an epic weekend of questing can bring. This staff works hard to ensure that you are immersed throughout the whole weekend, and in addition to providing tons of opportunity for high quality combat and roleplay, you can also visit their in-character tavern and snag a delicious bite to eat for some gold.

Honestly, I don’t know what else people do on Labor Day weekend, because me, I’ll be right where I belong, and I hope to see you all there.