Thursday, August 30, 2018

Memories of Past Folkestone Questing Events


Photo by Angela Gray
Well, I don’t really remember it, but I woke up with succubus horns.~ Hannah "Nhdala" Blood


Well, I was made a Templar of Vandor at a Feast of Folkestone! I did my first ritual with Hygar at Folkestone Questing. It's where I got turned into a werewolf. The only two people I've ever scalped (Avendar and Hygar) both got scalped by me at Folkestone Questing. ~ Renee "Kindrianna" Booke




Photo by Dustin Mack
Photo by Jesse Gifford














I cant remember for sure what year it was, but most likely between '09 to '11 as I was still fairly new to Realms. I dont remember much about what was happening, we were in the fort trying to break through a wall (the back door) after doing whatever was being done there. I guess it needed a large number of scalping blows with hammers to break through, so people started calling for everyone with a hammer. I just so happened to have my giant 4lb hammer with me. Once I heard the call come back looking for hammers, I knew this was my time. I raised my weapon in the air and started making my way to the back. I may be remembering wrong but Im pretty sure there were at least a few cheers. I have no idea how far along the scalping was, but when I got there I gave one swing of my hammer and the passage burst open. In the grand scheme of things it really wasnt much, but as a newer player with a ridiculous weapon it was nice to feel extremely useful, if only for a moment.~ Dustin "Toah" Mack

Photo by Angela Gray














There are far too many memories to put down - I have always loved FSQ. As a PC and as staff, I have played in some incredible adventures, and created some fantastic and memorable moments.  Here are
a few, though they are only a sampling of the incredible memories I have.
---------------
*Listening to Grimantusz talk about how he needed a tether, and speaking up as a volunteer before knowing the consequences (it worked out... sorta).
---------------
Standing with Shalindra
Shal: Do you hear that?
Photo by Angela Gray
Freesia: Yeah... is it... ?!
Together: MORTAL COMBAT!
run toward the music, enter a night-club
Shal: Huh
Freesia: This isn't right.
Vampires raise hands to ceiling, blood rains down
Freesia: SHIT! RUN!
((Matt D and someone else had a death grip on my arm, we had to physically fight our way out before becoming Blade vampires))
-------------------
Photo by Robyn Nielsen
From the NPC Side: When we did the Voodoo world. Really, my role was supposed to be a little bit of flavor. It turned out that everyone wanted to see what the fire on the dock was. Instead of a few people coming out to chat with me, the ENTIRE EVENT came to talk. Poor Henry was accidentally knocked into the water when he tried to leave (it's only 2.5-ish feet wide people!).
With this same role, while telling 'fortunes', I managed to change some of the flow of the event through magic. Players believed everything I said, and because of this Jason G. and Matt D. (the MMs for the event) went out and changed the event!
------------------
Being a sleeping skunk. Essentially I played a 40 minute game of Red Light/Green Light with players. ~ Beth "Freesia" Tozier