Friday, December 18, 2015

10 Questions With Justin "Dresden" Theriault

Sorcerer Dresden Silverspring of Neden, lord of respite.

How long have you been playing?
Feast of Leviathan 2014 was my first event, so coming up on 2 years

How has the game changed since you've been playing?
I feel much more at home, know a lot of the faces and feel cofortable throwing myself into things as opposed to watching from the sidelines.  But apart from that since I've only been adventuring two years I can't say too much has changed.


Who have you learned the most from?
I've learned so much from so many people, but hats off to my fellow Neden members. They approached me when I was new and without friends/allies. They showed me how to be a successful quester, and most importantly how to have fun and become more known in the game.

What was your best moment IC?
Two moments spring to mind:

The moment when I became the first Neden petitioner to pass the new petitioners' requirements and become a full fledged member of Neden. I'm sure many of you have imagined or speculated as to what depraved acts of debauchery are  included in petitioning Neden, I will leave it to your colorful imaginations. I will however tell you that there was a live lobster involved - take from that what you will. When all was said and done I was given my pinstripe N, literally cut from one of Lord Nymbous' finest feasting Togas. (He literally gave me the shirt off his back)

Becoming a Lord of Hell and throwing myself into the center of an adventure moreso than I ever had before. I thouroughly enjoyed it. I think i'll volunteer for more stuff and see what happens

What was your best moment as a NPC/EH/Player?
At QOH this year during Phoenix telling me to 'just go lightning bolt the queen. Just do it.' and striking the queen down with my lightning less than 5 min later during 'kill the queen'.

What would you like to see changed or developed more in game?
More plot, drama and intrigue - I hear all these glory tales of burning down compounds and sites being live all night.

What advice would you give new players?
Despite all of your instincts - Ask questions, talk to strangers. Also have somebody give you a nickname that sticks to you like peanut butter. Also petition Neden.

What do you love most about the game?
Good Plot, Good People, and nightquests.

Who would you like to see the next interviews be with?  Please list three people.
Sarix (Sean Gustavis), Nymbous (Andrew Whitty), Syruss (Cal Marsden)

Anything else you'd like to take the opportunity to put into print?
I am super grateful for all the friends I've made adventuring, and am looking forward to many more.
Neden For Life.