Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentines Day Greetings, from Soft




Dear Realms,

While I don’t profess to be the expert on love that we evidently believe Syruss to be (Guard #69 still hasn’t professed his, shall we say, undying love to me, so don’t know how much of an expert he actually is.) I am apparently the only one around who is excited for one of the most important holidays of the year, Valentine’s Day! Think of all the reasons we fight, quest after quest, facing countless horrors! Love is a beautiful and pure driving force that can motivate us to accomplish even the most sisyphean of tasks! Let us not forget all the different ways we express that love either, even outside the realm of romantic partners.

Love for our country, love for our gods, love for our fellow creatures even! I myself have felt the thrills of showing up at a dungeon entrance, not a single zombie to keep me company, only to spy the brilliant reds and bold black markings I associate with family. In that way, it’s more than pride we feel. When you’re willing to face incalculable odds, jeopardize your very being battling ancient gods, and just as soon make sure everyone has warm winter garb or a fun gift at Cecil’s, that’s how you know it’s love. Love is intimacy, of several sorts, and intimacy is nothing more than shared experiences that bring people closer together. What we do in it’s most simple terms is love.

So on this coming holiday, don’t get down if there’s no romance in your life. Gather those clansmen, raise that long dead relative, take a swig of love poison, or even yes, make that first move on the necromancer you’ve had your eye on.

Necromantically yours,

Illumier Soft­Nosetti

P.S I forgot I was married, Guard #69, never mind, I’m taken.