Tuesday, July 25, 2017

I Can't Even

I Can't Even...
By, 
Sara 'Zarine' Jessop
... Change 



I think we all know that I don't like change. I prefer things to be in an orderly fashion, and in the same order all of the time. If my morning tea gets set down on the wrong side of my breakfast plate I basically lose my mind. So you can only imagine how difficult is was to make some revisions to how things are done here at Alchimia Lupinaar. 

I have advisers who tell me what the most effective way to run a business is, however most people's business isn't, well... people. It takes something of a strange moral compass to do what I do and I didn't like the way I was being advised. I certainly do not think of myself as a good person, dear reader, but even I know that people are more than commodities. So I fired them. "But Zarine, what will your guests be entertained by..." You're wondering that because you're an idiotic pleb that thinks that I fired the people who keep me in business and you warm at night. Well, you're completely wrong. Unless you're being kept warm at night by one of my business advisers, in which case your only half wrong.  

What every pleb is thinking right now....

So things are changing here. 

At first I didn't like it because almost no one likes change. We all like the status quo because it's at least familiar. We are all a little bit shy when it comes to new things and are slow to accept that the world can't always stay the same. But sometimes things need to change. 

Oh, don't worry, you won't notice any difference in the quality of your service. The adjustments mostly only effect my coin purse. You might notice some of them only because I have pointed the possibility out to you. I've shared this information both because it will make you curious and increase my bottom line, and because I hope that it teaches you a valuable lesson about change; it's not always bad.

There are many times that change is good. Changing your clothes, for instance, is something that you should all do far more often. Changing your attitude is another good example. Most of you could do with a bit of a personality adjustment. Changing your tune would also be great since it appears that most of the Realms citizens are born completely tone deaf, myself included. Change of pace? Please do, as my girls are getting quite bored with the lot of you and your fondness for doing everything at a medium pace. 

What's the moral of this whole article, you are probably wondering? I was going to tell you, but I've changed my mind. 

See you next Tuesday.